20th European Networked Knowledge Organization Systems (NKOS) Workshop
To be held as part of TPDL 2020 in Lyon, France
Tuesday 25th August 2020
Call for presentations and demos
The 20th European Networked Knowledge Organization Systems (NKOS) workshop will take place on Tuesday 25th August 2020 as part of TPDL2020 conference to be held in Lyon, France. (add to calendar) (view location on map)
- Proposal submission: 4th April 2020
- Notification of acceptance: 5th May 2020
- Camera ready (for proceedings) due: 5th June 2020
We invite submissions for:
a) Presentations (typically 20 minutes plus discussion time, potentially longer if warranted) on work related to the themes of the workshop (see below). An option for a short 5 minute project report presentation is also possible.
b) Demos on work related to the themes of the workshop.
Authors may submit an extended abstract or a full paper for potential publication in the workshop proceedings after the review process. All submissions must be written in English. Submissions should be emailed as PDF files to email@example.com and should include aims, methods, main findings, relevance to themes of workshop, references. Please be aware of the fact that at least one author per paper needs to register for the workshop and participate in the workshop and present the work. In case of no-show the paper (even if accepted) will be deleted from the proceedings AND from the program.
After the workshop, copies of presentations will be made available on the workshop website.
Themes for the NKOS workshop will be:
- KOS mappings. Mappings (or alignment) between KOS is attracting increasing attention with the expression of KOS as Linked Data and multilingual archives.
- Users interaction with KOS in retrieval including semantic search
Further timely presentations/demonstrations will be selected from the following topics in the CfP:
- Automatic KOS-based subject indexing / classification /entity-extraction.
- KOS-based recommender systems.
- Meaningful concept display and meaningful visualization of KOS.
- Standards developments.
- Evaluation of KOS-based systems – methods and practical experience.
- KOS in e-Research metadata contexts.
- KOS and (e)learning.
- Use of KOS in Artificial Intelligence applications - methods and practical experience.
More information on the workshop can be found in the workshop proposal